This project is on hold while the District awaits State funding.
Meetings held on the 4th Thursday are subject to cancelation due to funding delays. Please watch our homepage for updates.
Board Meetings pertaining to this project are held on the 4th Thursday of every month, at 6pm, at the District Office. Everyone is welcome to attend.
This project began in the Fall of 2014. It consists of 3 main phases: The Pre-Planning Phase; Planning Phase; and Construction Phase. This project is being accomplished by agreement with The California State Water Resources Control Board, paid for with grants under the Safe Drinking Water State Revolving Fund Law of 1997 and Proposition 1 Funding.
Pre-Planning Phase: Completed April 30, 2017.
Project Amount Not to Exceed: $202,265.00.
Task 1: Assessment of Water Demands, Supply, Source Evaluation and Supply Option.
- Notification and outreach to project area water systems, community residents and property owners about Pre-Planning Funding and committee meetings.
- Committee meeting with Kern County LAFCo Officer.
- Engineering report on FPPUD and LOWMWCarea water demands, supply and regional water supply options.
- Legal review and information on annexation formation.
- Research and compile annexation formation costs, pros and cons. Prepare data for committee review.
Task 2: Project Selection.
- Compile area voter and assessor lists.
- Committee reviews annexation and solo project options and calls for community and system meetings.
- Conduct community and water system meetings to discuss annexation and solo project options.
- Poll systems on annexation and project options.
- Systems decide on moving to Task 3, or not to annex.
Task 3: Entity Formation/Annexation.
- LAFCo Application.
- Fesability Study.
- Municipal Service Review.
- Justification for Proposal.
- CEQA work related to annexation.
- Map and legal description of Regional System.
Technical Assistance Workplan:
Start Date: December 2016 - Current.
Paid through Proposition 1 Funds. Estimated Cost: $147,600.00.
Scope of Work:
- Prepare needs assessment and work plan.
- Prepare Planning Funding Application
- Project Area Water Supply Evaluation
- Hydrogeological/Geotechnical Report.
- Coordinate PUD Review of LOWMWC's Waterline Replacement and Meter Projects Design and Installation.
- Entity Formation/LAFCo Documentation.