Q: How are rates established?
A: An idependant party conducts a Water Rate Study, which determines the rates needed to maintain the District.  A Protest Hearing is then held, in accordance with Proposition 218.  If at least 51% of parcel owners submit a written protest of the proposed rates, the rates do not go through.  If less than 51% of parcel owners protest, the new rates take effect as proposed.

Q: Where does our water come from?
A:  The sources of supply for the Frazier Park Public Utility District are three active wells identified as Well #3, Well #4 (currently offline), Well #6 located at 4001 Park Drive, & Well #5 located at the end of Montana Trail., and two springs known as Pine Canyon and Sam Young that are currently offline. Continuous chlorination is provided to the water produced from each active supply source.  The FPPUD water wells are located in a canyon surrounded by mountains.  The springs are in isolated areas uphill from the community.  The springs and wells that provide water to the community are on the South or "shady" side of Frazier Park. There are no sources of water on the "sunny" side. The water that supplies all the businesses and residences on the North side is pumped across Cuddy Creek from the springs and wells on the South side.   Most of the actual watershed from the ridge tops down to the creek is United States Forest Service land. Many private parcels exist between the existing developed areas and the National Forest boundaries that are available for development. Without careful management, development of these areas have the potential to adversely impact the area's water supplies.

Q: What, if anything, is added to our water?
A: Chlorine is added as needed to maintain a safe level of approximately 0.80 milligrams per liter.

Q: What happens in drought years?
A: We are currently at a Stage II Water Alert. Please see our Water Wise page for links giving more details.

Q: What if I have pressure problems?
A: Water pressure is created by water forcing its way through the distribution system to your tap. Gravity is the most efficient way to bring water to your home. The Water District (FPPUD) service area is divided into several "pressure zones" according to the elevation of your neighborhood. Although most household appliances are designed to work with water pressure between 15 and 120 pounds per square inch (psi), the standard for water pressure is between 50-100 psi. The water pressure at your particular home will depend on the elevation of your home and your proximity to the reservoir which serves your home. The closer you are to the elevation of the reservoir serving you, the lower your pressure will be. Similarly, the lower your home is in relation to the reservoir, the higher your water pressure.

Q: Is the FPPUD responsible for maintaining the roads?                                                            A: The roads in Frazier Park are private roads, owned by the homeowners.  The District is not responsible or in any way obligated to maintain them.  We do, however, work on roads to cover exposed water pipes, ensure we have access to our tanks and wells, and as a service to our community, help residents when we are able.